NVTweak for Driver Cards – download for Windows
The NVTweak program unlocks a great number extra options and parameters of drivers for the NVIDIA video cards. These include the following options: Overclocking, AGP & Hardware Settings, Fan control, Temperature settings, Debugging, Twin View, Video Mixing Renderer, OpenGL 2.0 Support, 3D Viewer Types (for 3D Stereo) and others. The utility functions properly with a series of GeForce and Quadro graphics cards and ForceWare 55.xx - 7x.xx drivers. In fact, the program is a graphical interface for working with the famous CoolBits registry key.
System requirements NVTweak:
- Operating System Windows XP / XP-64 / Vista / 7.
- The installed NVIDIA driver version 55.XX - 95.XX for 1051, 256.XX and higher for newer.
- Installed a package of libraries in the system .NET FrameWork version 2.0 for 1051, version 4.0 for newer.
- Type of licensing: FreeWare.
If you run NVTweak with older software, you could get errors at startup. To enable full compatibility, it is necessary to disable the options that cause issues with your current setup. Note that the correct operation of the options unlocked by the utility is not guaranteed, and some options are available only in beta versions of drivers or with a Quadro family card.
NVTweak enables the following settings:
- operating parameters of the AGP bus;
- overclocking of a video card;
- cooler control;
- GPU temperature display;
- diagnostic information display of the driver;
- setting the refresh rate for various video modes;
- selection of a code for processing for a video output;
- additional settings of the DVD decoder PureVideo.
How to install NVTweak
Users should always remember about precautions while using such programs. They allow working with video cards out of normal specifications by overclocking or modifying the way the driver operates. Improper use of similar utilities may lead to unwanted damages.
First, download the program and extract the executable into the folder on your desktop. Make a double-click on the NVTweak.exe file and then tweak according to your requirements and preferences. Then check your NVidia properties and there you discover a number of new configurable options on the control panel. In order to obtain these options, you should right-click on the desktop and go to NVidia Display. There is no necessity to reboot your computer.
How to uninstall NVTweak
If you are in need of uninstalling the program this is one of the ways to uninstall NVTweak via Programs and Features. First click Start, type ‘uninstall a program’ in Search Programs and Files box and then click the result. Open WinX menu by holding Windows and X keys together, and then click Programs and Features. Look for NVTweak 1.7.1 in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
Another way to uninstall the utility with its uninstaller.exe. First, go to the installation folder of NVTweak 1.7.1. Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe. Finally, double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall NVTweak 1.7.1.
What's new in NVTweak 1.7.1
- Added a link to H4ck 3D homepage on the About dialog.
- Prevent multiple instances of the application from running in memory.
- Updated DeviceIDs and Strings text files to coincide with Pieter's Modded INF v30.51 .
- New tool, NVTray (in beta stage only).
- Added option under Settings menu to load the display properties panel.
- Replaced DeviceIDs and Strings forms with notepad.exe to allow user modification.
- Added advanced memory and file system tweaks to improve overall system performance.
- New convenient setup build using InstallShield.