Download ATIFlash to Flash Your BIOS
To flash the graphics card BIOS users can download ATIFlash
ATI Technologies Incorporation is one of the most powerful software developers and those who work with graphic processors. Since 2007, it has become AMD Graphics Products Group subdivision and since 2010 all their production has been labeled with the AMD brand. However, the main brand of ATI, Radeon, will be preserved in the names of future video cards. In addition to developing high-quality GPUs for PCs, ATI is also developing built-in GPUs for laptops, PDAs, and mobile phones, and integrated graphics solutions for motherboards, TV consoles and others.
Requirements for ATIFlash
The program ATIFlash is a proper program for mining goals. The version released by ATI is called ATIFlash or WinFlash. Users download ATIFlash and use it with ease.
Before making upgrade experts advise to save the flashing provided by the manufacturer on the computer and the utility will be useful in this task. ATIFlash supports all AMD Radeon graphics cards, like RX 5700, RX 5600 and RX 5500. Users can also flash the BIOS for all AMD Radeon RX Vega, RX 580, RX 480, and all older ATI cards.
How to use ATIFlash
It is recommended to disable the video card on Windows before flashing the BIOS. To do this, users need to open ‘Device Manager’ and in the point ‘Video Adapters’ select the necessary adapter and with right click disable it. There are two possible ways to use the ATIFlash utility. The first one is using its graphical interface and the second – its console version. Let’s have a closer look at both of them.
Flashing using graphical interface
The first step is to start ATIFlash with the administrator right. Make sure that the needed video adapter is selected in the upper right corner. In case there are more than three video cards, the program won’t be able to display the entire list correctly. Therefore, users need to use another way to flash the BIOS, the second one, which will be described below. Then click on the button Load Image and select the BIOS file. ‘Press Program’. Keep waiting till there is a message ‘You BIOS was programmed successfully’. To conclude, confirm restarting the system, which is necessary for the video card to work with the new BIOS.
Flashing using the command line
The most useful ATIFlash commands are the following:
- exe –I – This command displays a list of installed video cards in the AMD system. It is useful for flashing the BIOS on a specific video card.
- exe -p <video card number> <file name> – It flashes the video card with the specified BIOS number from the specified file.
- exe -pa <file name> – It is used to flash all video cards with the specified BIOS file.
- ‘subsystem id mismatch’ shows the wrong choice for flashing or the wrong size.
- ‘adapter not found’ requires revision in ‘Device Manager’.
- ‘cannot find discrete ati video card’ can be fixed by inserting a video card directly or programing cards separately.
- ‘failed to read rom’ indicates a wrong flashing file.
- the computer freezes after updating the BIOS of a video card. In this case, it is recommended to disable the video card before the flashing using ‘Device Manager’.
- the video card is displayed in the system, but does not work after updating the BIOS and rebooting. The reason might be new drivers that block the operation of video cards with the unsigned BIOS.
To conclude, download ATIFlash utility to run the program for flashing BIOS. The latest version is ATIFlash 2.84 that works properly on Windows 10 on a 64-bit version. In case it does not work, it is advised to download ATIFlash 2.77.
A program for flashing the BIOS of video cards based on AMD (ATI) Radeon chips for DOS.
The DOS version of ATIFlash is discontinued, the last update released in 2013 has a version number 4.17. Use ATIFlash 2.9.3 for Windows command line to flash new cards.
Crypto communities provide much information about the significance of digital money and whales prove its value. To become engrossed in […]
Getting started with crypto mining is quite easy. With thousands of online guides, lots of great hardware setups, and advanced […]
You have made up your mind to become a crypto investor or a crypto trader and it is high time […]
You are ready to become a part of the overwhelmed crypto community and buy your first Bitcoin. The money of […]
The most popular pair with the first digital currency is BTC-USD. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer (P2P) technology to operate without centralized […]
Every year the number of crypto followers is increasing. Experts predict the great future for the digital currency and even […]