Phoenix BIOS Editor 188.8.131.52 Rel. Download
The application for Windows Phoenix BIOS Editor has an easy interface for modifying PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Rel. 6 and then there will be no need to reinstall the BIOS later. It supports unpacking, replacing, and repacking of components within a BIOS image, and allows changing of settings and modifies the application to the actual BIOS itself.
The utility allows users to make modifications with the ROM image created previously without using the source code. Phoenix BIOS Editor decompresses a single ROM image in the automatic mode. It proceeds to the small ROM modules, which are a part of the BIOS. Having completed modifying a ROM image, the utility adds user’s modifications into a new BIOS image. The last can be written to a flash memory.
How to use Phoenix BIOS Editor
In order to configure the Phoenix BIOS for installing Windows, select Advanced BIOS Features. The signals issued by the Phoenix BIOS are encoded in a slightly different way than the AMI BIOS or Award BIOS audio signals. As a rule, the Phoenix BIOS generates several series of short signals, which are separated from each other by long pauses.
When entering the BIOS, you will see one of the two images represented depending on the manufacturer. If you have AWARD (Phoenix) BIOS it is necessary to do the following steps. Enter the BIOS, select the second menu item Advanced BIOS Features. Download all Phoenix BIOS Flasher (phlash, winphlash) versions from Wim’s BIOS.
In a different case, there is one motherboard manufacturer that still uses Phoenix brand BIOS – Intel. To find out this question in more detail, refer to the motherboard manual. To boot the computer with the default settings, press F1. If you have proper skills for working in BIOS settings, press the Delete key to enter the BIOS Setup and make the necessary settings.
Adding “illegal” devices to the BIOS whitelist
- It is necessary to have BIOS itself, the program for dissembling the BIOS by modules Phoenix BIOS Editor.
- The BIOS file must be opened with winrar or another archiver and found in it * .WPH file, you will edit just this one.
- Next, install the Phoenix BIOS Editor.
- Launch the Phoenix BIOS Editor and open the * .WPH file from the archive.
- Press ”Yes” to the warnings.
- Go to the Phoenix BIOS Editor installation folder and find the TEMP folder there.
- After opening the BIOS, a lot of files will appear in it, mainly with the * .ROM extension. You need the file MOD_5100.ROM that contains the Whitelist devices itself.
- Next, you need to find out the VID – vendor ID and PID – product ID of your new device. To do this, you can insert it into another laptop in which there is no device lock and see its data. It is necessary to go to the device manager and find there the device that you installed in the computer. Click on it 2 times and select “information”.
- Next, enter the VID / PID values of the device already in this BIOS.
- In order to collect the BIOS back, you need to make any change through the interface of the Phoenix BIOS Editor itself and then return the value back so as not to break anything.
- Only then, the Build BIOS button will appear and you can put everything in place.
- You save the new BIOS to the device.
Before uploading the BIOS back, it is recommended to check all the modifications for several times. In case of errors, the device might be broken.
It is necessary to understand that Phoenix BIOS Editor is not responsible for any damage caused to your computer due to either use’s error, or a malfunction or bug within the Editor. If you do not know or do not understand what you are doing, it’s highly recommended not to work with the utility.
Bitcoin Core is a software implementation allowing users to interact with the Bitcoin network. It belongs to the community of […]
You have made up your mind to become a crypto investor or a crypto trader and it is high time […]
Getting started with crypto mining is quite easy. With thousands of online guides, lots of great hardware setups, and advanced […]
They say there is no such thing as a free lunch, but we still need to have a closer to […]
AMD graphic cards are actively used by crypto enthusiasts to mine digital currencies. AMD Blockchain Drivers are recommended for Windows […]
There are several ways to make crypto transactions and one of them is using Bitcoin ATMs. Bitcoin ATM is a […]